Monday, October 11, 2010

Random Thoughts

Wow. This blog thing is not as easy as it seems, as I sit and stare blankly at the illuminated screen blazing into my eyeballs. What does one even talk about. Often times I feel that unless I have something monumental to say, I shouldn't even speak. Yet here I am babbling on as thoughts turn in my head.

I want to call out to my brothers and sisters who are in college right now, studying hard and making sacrifices so that they may one day achieve success or happiness. I admire you all greatly, knowing that the completion of something such as a degree or trade is no walk in the park. I must ask though, how are your Dreams coming along? I'm not talking about your consciousness while your body sleeps, but those long lost dreams from when you were a child. Or maybe they aren't all that lost. Who did you admire, what did you IMAGINE yourself doing for the rest of your life, where did you see yourself living, etc..?

I ask this question simply because NOW is the time for those Dreams to become a major player in your lives. You have heard the children's song, Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream, merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a Dream! Sing that song slowly in your head a few times....
AHA! Life is but a Dream? Indeed, it is. Your body is the boat and the rower is your true self. When you look into your heart and you find that child who dreamed of working with horses, or teaching, or designing clothes, or whatever, you are communicating with an aspect of your higher self, your TRUE self. When you have re-discovered this self, look at where you are in your life. Are you happy? If yes, Great! If not, thank you for being honest with yourself, this is the first step to knowing your true self. Do not be ashamed of unhappiness! "happy" is an idea,  picture, a concept, which we have chosen to implant in our minds... and does not exist! Pure unconditional happiness comes from acquainting ourselves with the present moment, the eternal space in which we all truly exist as ONE, in simple terms, the silence in the boat. When we step into the present moment, or WAKE UP, to our true nature, we can see that it is US creating suffering for ourselves. Dare to Dream, brothers and sisters, for there is nothing but the Dream. Believe me when I tell you that only you have the power to create your reality, and the choices are infinite. Choose those things which let your light shine and give you the feeling of happiness; not from a material object or a job, but from knowing that you are living your dream right NOW. As your rowboat floats gently down the stream, you begin experiencing more and more of your dream, in that moment. But your happiness is always with you, in the boat. Never does your happiness come from the shore, from your physical manifestations.

The world is moving at an incredible fast rate, this much is true. Yet the eternal moment which transcends space and time is still vast and silent, with no debts to the human concept of "time". I propose a day (as individuals, on your own time) in which we don't do anything. We wake up, eat breakfast, walk to a park or the couch, and just SIT. Be with our minds and our selves, with nothing to do and nowhere to be. No cell phones, no computer, no movies, no video games, no television, no MEDIA. We might be surprised to find out how difficult this is. Let me know how it goes ; )

I Love You ALL

1 comment: