Saturday, October 23, 2010

Shedding my skin

The layers fall
as leaves off a tree
my past it seems foreign
this now moment a breeze

Energy runs wild
bunch a bats outta hell
I cannot say when
just this vessel, a shell

Nothing is permanent
no opinions to last

in my reflection a vision
of a man-child so vast

To small to achieve
to grand for block lines
city streets all like train rails
dilemma, feet are both blind

Inside of a boy
just don't feel solid to me
Swear allegiance to nothing
here with nature, so free

Brothers and sisters
so much running around
as our minds keep on trucking
my soul reaches for ground

All the fear I have harbored
such great weight on my heart
is all being lifted
this new life I shall start

I am here in the breeze
I am your tuck in goodnight
I am where there is beauty
I am the wings in your flight

No comments:

Post a Comment