Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Working together

This is a team effort.

I am not perfect, nor do I have the answers to life's most persistent questions. What I do work to achieve in each moment, is an open heart and a mind that continues to expand. I want to be wrong. I want to be questioned. When I am wrong, I am able to see myself and the emotions that arise from within my box of "me-ness". I inhabit this body but I am only limited by my mind and my body's tendency to store emotions and ideas within the connective tissue that holds "me" together. When I let go and allow my judgments of who I am or what I am to fall away, I inhabit more than my body. I am in the tree, I am in the wind, and I am within you. This is where we connect to one another, in the space that surrounds us, the space that we are so much a part of in each moment.

We are a team. My "performance" or ability to enjoy life causes space to open up. I do not need you to do, say, or be anything other than who you are right NOW. I accept myself in this moment and wish for you to accept yourself. In this space to we connect on a deeper level, one that goes far beyond color or gender or socio-economic status. We are ONE as it has been said because my happiness is connected to yours. If I am not having a good day, I accept myself and allow myself the space to feel crappy, knowing that this too shall pass. If I choose to fake my happiness, to pretend that everything is great, I have shut myself off from the place in which we are all perfect, where we can connect and help each other to brave the unknown, the drama that we call life.

We have to take off our masks. When we wear masks, we think we are saving each other from our own pity party, but this is not the case. We are closing the door to acceptance, patience, and ultimately healing. I promise to practice honesty. This is no walk in the park, because it forces us to be our true selves in each moment. I can tell you though, that life becomes much more fun when we learn to find the comedy in felling crappy. It is going to happen, no matter what we do. This is how we know we are alive. The highs will be high and the lows will be low, but with practice we can learn to stay level and calm even when everything seems to be falling in on us.

Its a funny thing, this life game. I hope you will join me in the space where magic happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment