Monday, October 25, 2010

Dish Pit Rhythm

There are beats that flow forth
from the earth they are heard
deep within my being words form
oh yes, it sounds absurd

don't hold back from your heart
little brother you are a god
all I ask is that you think for yourself
and let nobody steal your rod

They will yell they will scream
until it seems that you have broken
trust this word my godly friend
it is in you the truth that's spoken

It will get rough and the frowns can drown
hold your head up, you are the Light
as you lay your weary head for sleep
my love rock solid on through the night

I brush I scrub and spray the dishes
watch my mind wander roads of old
but with each fresh sud I am born anew
I am the greatest story ever told

To Love oneself in the midst of uncertainty
this task has no greater gift
for as the darkness slips and fades
your Light continues to lift

Up from the ashes many a soul
they will come when you are ready
and without questions speak your truth
Little brother its time to rock steady

No comments:

Post a Comment