Saturday, October 9, 2010

Hello World!

Here I AM.
Seems pretty forward. Simple. An introduction from myself to the internet. It is a web of connections which I cannot fathom, yet at its core it is small. I was told by a friend, while sharing a joint in my apartment, that the code which holds the internet is six characters long. Six.  I know very little about the workings inside the little screen that sits in front of me, but I do know that six is a small number. Yet the internet is a vast space of connections, human beings translating information back and forth at incredible speeds. Information which is held by many characters, too many to count. This to me is nothing short of a miracle.

I Am called adam. What lies behind my eyes and in between my ears is too big to contain into words; this is true about each and every human being alive in this moment. We are beautiful and complex, vast and full of wonder, yet we limit ourselves. We believe that we are small, and disconnected. That we are not safe and we must achieve. My brothers and sisters we are so much greater than what we have told ourselves and in this moment and only this moment can we choose to believe something greater.

When I write, I am picked at by a voice that tells me I am small, that what I have to say is silly, or useless. I choose to believe something greater. That I AM beautiful and I am good. My mind is a tool and with this tool I choose to wield my power in the way of Light and Compassion, of Love and Fearlessness.

Thank you.

1 comment:

  1. It can be soo hard. Is writing this blog a chance to fill the imagined need to achieve? Is writing this comment the same? No, I think not. At least I hope neither is... Thanks for the self-share, Adam!

    ReplyDelete