Sunday, November 14, 2010

Who's to Say

Who is to say what is right or wrong
no defense for my take on reality
just know that you can love
as I have loved

Thought pile on thoughts
no sleep for the moment
restless in bed wanting freedom
zendo under the sheets of motion

trust there is no future
past is fiction like Moby Dick
great tales make even better visions
we build dreams from what is felt on the heart

I stay lost like a ship at sea
paradise in the great storm
I believe there is much more
under the flesh of a wandering jew

We have more prophets than can be mentioned
some will touch and others fade
is anybody really important
breaking away from the circus of soap-box

I cannot be right nor wrong in my life
to prove my point defeats the purpose
tomorrow's wisdom remains unknown
centered in to feel this moment's gifts

Just a vessel in the sea of souls
waves slowly calm and reflect
doing my best to be quite honest
light breaks forth in emptiness

A man who sits and achieves great nothing
allow he will not amass a fortune
nor will man understand his questions
tranquility exists in the space of release

Away from the body and troubles of old
here awareness waits so patient
a blade of grass with magic thoughts
little children laugh with enlightenement

No comments:

Post a Comment