Sunday, December 12, 2010

Airport Love

I'm a traveling man
my carry-on strapped to my back
baby girl drops me off at the airport
so lifted by the love of my life

Consciously stepping to inner rhythms
energy of fellow travelers feels so fast
the center of all I can feel deep within
breathe in breathe out lets get high

I walk through security almost touching the rays
slowly moving as I witness my thoughts
I hear tears and such loss from a sweet soul
off with my shoes, belt, and jacket to be scanned

As I grab my things christmas music fills my being
awareness of suffering enters my domain
can I bring comfort to this good woman?
drop my discomfort and move with love in my heart

My father has also passed not too long ago
immediately we embrace and hold each other
a moment birthed in heartfelt compassion
never meeting before, never meeting again we are One

I feel wings spreading behind my body
at any moment a breeze would pick me from the ground
flying when I am ready touching all things
the universe full of surprises for creation

Moving through time also witnessing its demise
in slow thinking and moving will we find peace
today is the day of great happenings
stars continue aligning in favor of this great future

A big smile from the girl at caribou
patiently waiting for another to pay
slowly moving no rush what beauty may come
throw caution to the wind lets make love

Wisdom is living on such deep a level
brought by questions not surface talk
what is your passion can bring joy from the heart
Serving people and smiling for all time

With a beautiful smile she gently reveals her secret
It takes more energy to be angry all the time
this bright star serving coffee just lit up my world
Christ herself in the flesh hands me hot water for my tea

We cannot know god if we refuse even one soul
it takes every one of us to create heaven
as our individual hearts begin to break open
our collective experience breathes creation of paradise

I float on towards my departure gate
at peace with all things except for oil use
what a time to be born all over again
I find great adventure in the airport of love

No comments:

Post a Comment